Insurance for Building Works & Home Renovations

If you are planning to carry out building works or renovations at your property you may find that your existing household insurance policy won't provide the necessary cover.  Hayes Parsons Insurance Brokers works with leading underwriters and can provide specialist works insurance that will cover the existing home, property owner's liability, building works and materials.  Plus, once you have completed the building works or renovation project, we can seamlessly transfer you to a standard household policy ensuring you have the correct cover in place at all times.   


What is building works insurance?

Building works (also known as home renovation or building renovation) insurance provides cover in case something was to go wrong whilst having building works done at your property.

You are likely to need a specialist policy if the works mean your property will not be lived in for a substantial period of time, the works are extensive or there will be expensive equipment and materials kept at the property.   

What does it cover?

Unoccupied property cover: This covers your home for more than the 30 or 60 days offered by standard household insurance policies.

Property Owner's Liability cover: This covers the cost of any legal claims made against you if someone is injured on your property.

Alternative accommodation: This covers the cost of alternative accommodation if your property is damaged by the works and you need to live elsewhere. 

Building material and equipment: This covers the materials and equipment kept at the property, including items that have not yet been fitted like kitchen units.

What happens when my renovation is completed?

Make sure you keep us up to date on the progress of your building works and once the project is nearing completion get in touch to discuss your options.  

The Hayes Parsons Private Client team can arrange all manner of household buildings and contents insurance and can help arrange a new policy for you including any additional cover required as a consequence of the work. 


Specialist Team

Dan Hart Dip CII

Account Executive

0117 930 1692 | 07889 574 625 [email protected]

Kelly Hemmings Cert CII

Account Handler

0117 930 1684 [email protected]

Michelle Nash Dip CII

Account Handler

0117 930 1654 [email protected]