Hayes Parsons is a Bristol-based, independent, Chartered Insurance Broker. We are a dynamic, customer-focused organisation and are looking for an experienced, efficient individual to join our growing team of commercial Account Handlers.
About the role
You will be responsible for the day-to-day servicing of your own clients including renewals, new business and general enquiries. You will also work with a variety of Account Executives who each specialise in different sectors.
The commercial team at Hayes Parsons deal with clients in a wide range of sectors including:
- Life Science and Biomedical
- Museums and Heritage
- Schools and Colleges
You will be joining a growing team of Account Handlers and will be supported by an experienced team leader. Whilst the role is primarily office-based you will get the opportunity to join Account Executives at client meetings and networking events if you wish.
You will be responsible for:
- Broking a range of insurance policies and negotiating with insurers as necessary for your own allocated clients; this will include obtaining quotations via online systems but also having to send bespoke broking presentations directly to insurers
- Co-ordinating with and supporting the activities of the Account Executives as needed with renewals and new business
- Helping to identify cross-selling opportunities and potential gaps in client cover
- Answering client queries via email and phone
- Issuing policy documentation in a timely and accurate way and ensuring your own diary is maintained
- Maintaining client records and ensuring they are compliant and accurate
- Assisting with credit control
- Maintaining good working relationships both internally and externally
This role is full time and based in our central Bristol office and we would consider a hybrid office and working from home arrangement on completion of your probation period.
For this role, we require that you have or are working towards completing the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII).
At Hayes Parsons we take pride in our professional development. We work with an internal trainer to provide valuable knowledge and support to the team during their qualifications. If you have already completed the Cert CII and want to continue to the Diploma in Insurance, Hayes Parsons will fully fund it for you.
Your skills and experience
For this role we require at least two years’ experience as an Account Handler across a range of sectors.
You will be dealing with clients daily and so it is vital that you have a professional and friendly approach when answering enquiries. Your skill set will include:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- A strong understanding of the main classes of business insurance
- The ability to prioritise and organise your own workload and work to pressured deadlines
- The ability to negotiate effectively with insurers and clients
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work as a member of a team, some of who will be working remotely
Life at Hayes Parsons
“Hayes Parsons is a broker designed solely around the needs of its clients and ensuring its staff has the right tools to hand to provide a service which is both market leading and highly effective.”James Woollam, Managing Director
As a values-driven business, the way we work is incredibly important and at the heart of our business are our four core values. We have won multiple awards for our training and apprenticeship programmes which you can find out more about here.
Company culture is key at Hayes Parsons and we recently interviewed some staff about their role and why they choose to work here which you can view on our YouTube Channel.