After not been able to attend events and exhibitions for so long due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are delighted to be exhibiting at the ISBA Conference this year! This years conference will be held at ICC Wales on 23 – 24 November and the ISBA team are expecting to welcome over 500 bursars and senior management staff from independent schools. Here is a summary of what to expect from the conference.
The ISBA Conference offers school professionals the chance to hear from expert speakers on the key strategic operational issues that occur in schools. The will open at 9am on Tuesday 23 November and the first day’s content will include:
- Strategic threats, opportunities and risks
- The independent sector, the next five years, mobility, partnerships and raising standards
- Breakout sessions:
- Building robust financial strategy for the future
- How to spot problems early on
- What strategic changes are needed when planning to recruit and retain staff
- Is sustainability still affordable in the light of climate change and recent events?
- Assimilating and recording strategic business risk in threatening times
- Governing Boards – Child protection
- Equality and diversity – creating chances for young people
The second day will be another full day of insightful topics including:
- Important issues for the independent school sector
- Morning breakout sessions:
- Developing diversity – an enduring approach
- A re-shaped sector
- How should effective recruiting look – do I need a head hunter?
- Premises development plans and how to compile them
- Are there new technologies that can ease the workload and enable education to continue in the future?
- The economic outlook
- Afternoon breakout sessions:
- – Measuring and managing sustainability: aiming for net zero
- What has changed during the pandemic and what to be ready for over the next two years
- Is it possible to retain good staff and managing staff unrest
- Mergers and acquisitions, how do good ones work?
- Key issues for smaller schools
- AI and education – comfortable bedfellows?
The conference will end with reception drinks and the annual dinner for delegates, guests, speakers and sponsors in the Woodland Suite at ICC Wales.
About Hayes Parsons Insurance Brokers
We have been providing insurance and risk management solutions to the education sector for 30 years, working with independent schools, special schools, and further education and sixth form colleges. Our Director, Ben Leah and Account Executive, Mark Rose are experts within the education sector and will be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have around insurance and risk management at your school.
We will be exhibiting during both days of the conference on stand 161 so come and say hello!
Become a member of ISBA
ISBA helps independent schools succeed by offering access to hundreds of like-minded bursars and senior management staff who are focused on sharing knowledge, ideas and best practice from across the sector. Find out more about the benefits of having a membership here.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a meeting at ISBA, then please don’t hesitate to contact Ben or Mark:
Ben Leah | Director | ACII
0117 930 1675 | 07554 455 041
Mark Rose | Account Executive | Cert CII
0117 930 1657 | 07841 430 237
In the meantime, we hope to see you at the ISBA conference soon!