Blocks of Flats

Get the protection you need to safeguard your property

Bespoke insurance for residential landlords, managing agents and residents’ management companies

Because no two properties are the same we ensure a flexible approach is taken to each property and can offer different levels of cover and excesses dependent on what you or your property requires. Our suite of bespoke insurance policies for blocks of flats includes:

Property owners

Directors' and Officers' Liability

Legal Expenses


Engineering Insurance and Inspection

Specialist Team

James Woollam

Managing Director

Stuart Beer Cert CII

Account Executive

Sam Howard Cert CII

Account Handler


Whether you own a converted house with two or more flats or a large, purpose-built block, there are specific risks that need to be considered when insuring your property. Our specialist insurance policy, underwritten by AXA Insurance, is designed to protect you, regardless of the size of your property. Our bespoke policy includes many additional features as standard including:

High liability limits including £10m for property owners’ liability

Loss of rent over 36 months

Interest free instalments

Managing agents and RMCs

We have experience working with managing agents around the UK, from small converted blocks to larger multi storey purpose built blocks, and tailor our service to meet the needs of your business and current priorities. 

We recognise these needs are always changing and so access to an experienced team who can adapt quickly is more important than ever. We aim to be a valued strategic partner who you can rely on and will help alleviate the stress and uncertainty around insurance so you can focus on what you do best – managing property for your clients.

We can offer a variety of services and benefits that help support managing agents and RMCs including:

The option to review single policies as and when they are due for renewal or an entire portfolio review

A review of your existing covers prior to appointment to help identify any potential gaps in cover

Ongoing risk management

Exclusive access to a market leading property policy

Policy and underwriting training for you and your team

Our flat insurance policies are issued in-house to ensure you get policy documents quickly and effciently

Regular updates on market trends

Regulatory updates and compliance training as needed

Access to other specialists within Hayes Parsons

Risk Management

Need support or assistance with risk management? Find out how we can help.

Find out more


Claims support

Claims advice that you can trust.

Find out more


View our reviews on

Frequently Asked Questions

If you own or manage a block of flats, it’s critical that you have the right specialist insurance as standard buildings insurance won’t provide you with adequate cover. Block of flats insurance is a specialist type of insurance that provides the protection you need. For example, if your building has a lift, this will require additional insurance.

That depends how your block of flats is managed. If there are a board of directors, the overall responsibility for insuring the block of flats will be for the board, but they may employ a professional property managing agent, and if this is the case, then normally they will arrange the insurance on behalf of the board. Alternatively, it will be for the trustees or residents of an unincorporated block to make sure the correct insurance is in place.

We recommend you consider a reinstatement cost assessment, to professionally assess the rebuild cost of the building, at least every 3 years. In the event of a claim in which it is found the property is underinsured, an insurer can reduce the cost of the claim by the same proportion as the underinsurance. This is called “average”. At the current time, buildings inflation is running significantly higher than normal, making it even more important that you consider rebuild costs regularly. We will index link the value of your building by an inflationary figure every year and are here to provide advice on how best to avoid the punitive “average” condition.

In the event of insured damage to the building, our insurance policy will provide cover for loss of rent for rental properties, or alternative accommodation for leaseholder occupied premises, to ensure that whilst the damage is repaired, you are able to receive your regular income or else you are put up in accommodation.

Get in touch

For information on how we handle your data, please read our Privacy Notice.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What Our
Clients Think

"Above and beyond expectations"

“Mark and the team at Hayes Parsons have guided our small school to several improvements in our insurance cover whilst also cutting our costs. Questions are dealt with promptly and comprehensively based on the very latest guidance and knowledge. We are in a stronger position for our relationship with Hayes Parsons and I am very pleased to be working with them.”

Catriona - Customer

“Excellent customer service, extremely knowledgable”

“Adam took the time to understand my business, its current activities and our plans for the future. He used this information to make me aware of the value of various insurance products beyond the Professional Indemnity Insurance I had originally sought and helped me understand the value to my business of each without ever pushing me to procure anything. He responded quickly to all my queries and ensured I had a full understanding of each insurance product. I highly recommend Adam's services, particularly to rapidly growing businesses.”

Eleanor Akers - Customer

“Great company, great employees”

“We have dealt with Darren at Hayes Parsons for many years and the services he has given has been second to none. Working in the very fast paced environment of marine civil engineering, with equipment and vessels being on and off hired at very short notice, Darren has never let us down in procuring cover for tricky to insure specialist marine equipment in a very time sensitive manner.”

Roger Full - Customer